Thursday, October 25, 2012

iOS Project Art

I've been working on an iOS project lately with a small start up company called Left Coast Games. The game has the appearance of a 2D fighter but plays out like an RPG. Here's the art for one of the stages, (also added to my 2D Portfolio):



The background was designed for a 3D effect (similar to Xenogears) in which the camera slightly toggles around perpendicular planes with textures while the characters on screen are flat, 2D sprites. I broke up the background elements to have a parallax effect when the camera shifts around.

I've also been in charge of all the UI, character art, and animations for this project, too. Here's a sneak peek of one of quite a few sprite animations I had to do: (click for better res)


More posts about the project may come soon! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is really cool Amanda! I love the way you broke up the background. Your sprite guy is awesome too, his color palette reminds me of Bowser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Landis! And yeah, the sprite guy is a parody/another take on Bowser. ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome blog! :O How can I follow you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you have a Blogger account, I think you can type in the URL to whatever blog you want to follow on your Dashboard and it should start posting updates for your followed blogs.... or you could bookmark it..

      Delete