After squeezing in free time through several months of work, the third installment of my music playlist "Pikachu Used Thundershock" is FINALLY finished!! For those who haven't seen the first 2 batch of characters, here's one and two.
Most of these characters weren't too difficult to come up with, as their designs are very close to their respective logos/mascots. Shout outs to the people who helped me find more EDM artists for this batch! Here's each character's design process:
Crooked Kitty (derives from Camo & Krooked. Info for this character can be found here.)
Werecat (Monstercat Media)
- Originally, I was going to stick to just artists and not record labels, but the Monstercat logo was a prime candidate for turning into a character. Further suggestion for the character came from someone who commented on this blog, too (thank you ShiftOne). :)
- Werecat's design is pretty much straightforward from the original Monstercat design. I just beefed it up and added some spiky fur.
- One of many artists I was introduced to by a fellow deviant on DeviantArt.
- Again, a very straightforward character design. I mixed the style of Blackburner's bunny logo with the masks and clothing the artists themselves wear when they perform.
- I wasn't too confident tackling a Blackburner character at first, but after seeing Rise of the Guardians and declaring Bunnymund as my favorite character, drawing Blackbunny became a piece of cake.
- I hadn't heard of SKisM until a friend posted the "Experts" music video on my Facebook wall. It's pretty much the best music video ever.
- SKisMophobic's design is a mix between the most common pics of SKisM I could find through Google, the wicked spider mech that appears in the "Experts" video, and the double skulls that are on the artist's albums. He was a fun character to draw.
- (A fun little note: the texture on his hoodie is a picture of a fish I took at the Baltimore Aquarium.)
- As simple as Eptic's mascot is, designing this character ironically took the longest and was the most stressful out of all the characters in this batch. I was conflicted whether or not to design Epix as epic or simple but could kick your ass (like ASOT 9001). I changed Epix's design about four times until I finally settled on this one.
- Epix is a giant, pixel sprite. The orbs on its halo contain Epix's alternate forms: a mech, tank, killer UFO, some Godzilla/killer monster thing, and a mystery form. Whichever form Epix decides to use, the halo disappears and the respective orb expands and sinks into Epix's head, similar to the contained brain on Eptic's mascot.
It may be a while until the next batch of characters, mainly because finishing this one was kinda stressful. Who to pick next... ;)