Friday, June 29, 2012

Process Log 15: Destroy Them With...Centipede

I forgot to post the WIP shots I captured while painting this. It's not much, but just thought I'd share it. :'D




Final Image

Things I learned from painting this:
- Experimenting with dual brushes and overall painting with different brush types. (Noticeable in the kicked up "dust" around the centipede).
- Leading the eye (I originally had the sun on the left side of the painting, but I wanted KP and Snare to be the first thing you see in this painting then the stick dudes, so I moved the sun behind them to make them stand out.)
- Having fun with the concept and not worrying about adding simple stick people. :'D

4 comments:

  1. cool. flag that head.

    http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2008/05/flagging-head.html

    check out this baking soda action with these lego photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/avanaut/4398481972/in/set-72157622598924063

    Stick figures play. wish we had pushed this style more in senior year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links! Now I know what that term is called - flagging the head.

      The lego photos are sick!

      It would've been fun to experiment with stylized work. See what weird things emerged I guess.

      Delete
  2. ok cool. let me know if my posts get annoying.

    I will try to do better job of encouraging stylization in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any sort of feedback is great - thanks for taking the time to write posts!

    ReplyDelete