Saturday, July 7, 2012

Process Log 16: Deep Sea Zombie Fizz

I really like the splash screens for each of the League of Legends characters and their skins. They've inspired me in so many ways: lighting, composition, and skin ideas in general. I wanted to paint a skin for my favorite LoL character: Fizz. (He's my favorite because he's tiny and has an awesome, giant pet shark.)


I documented this one all the way through and it went through some significant changes.










This was the initial final, but I wanted to make sure it fit Fizz's character as well as it's overall effectiveness. I asked for a crit from my friend, Erica, who's also an experienced LoL player.





And this was the final result after Erica's crit. 

Things I learned from painting this:
- Painting transparent skin. Looked up a bunch of deep sea creature references for this. I also had to mess around with different combos of layer styles to achieve the effect, too.

14 comments:

  1. did you already post this on league of legends forums?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people have already posted this on the forums - I didn't know they did until a month or two after I made this process log.

      Delete
  2. Can I please use this picture in my blog, League of Legends Ideas? Don't worry, I will link this up to your DA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! It'd also be super cool if you added a link to this website, too. :)

      Delete
  3. After waiting and waiting for someone to make a skin of this, I couldn't wait any longer.
    I'd finished my other projects and had some free time so made one myself and it is now available to all on leaguecraft.

    A huge thank you, Amanda.
    I love your art work and never really liked any of Fizz' skins (Besides default), until now. It's interesting to see your process from start to finish and definately agree with Erica.

    Link to the skin: http://leaguecraft.com/skins/20703-deep-sea-fizz.xhtml
    I also pasted a link to this page so others can come and (hopefully) look at your entire portfolio, aswell as the creation process of this art. It's all incredible stuff. You're extremely talented.

    -Danso3000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :OOO This is siiiiick! Thank you so much for taking the time to read through the process log and make this custom skin!! :D

      Delete
    2. Not a problem! I find skinning to be a lot less stressful than playing the game itself, heheh. I've bookmarked your home page. I look forward to browsing your future works ^-^

      Delete
  4. needs to bee a real skin i would buy it in a heart beat

    ReplyDelete